Canada Revenue Agency and being Self-Employed. If a self-employed person owns a house and has equity in it–and is in a situation where they owe taxes to CRA, the best way to get their income taxes up-to-date is to take a private second mortgage.



Call me or email me if you have any questions! We love helping people with technically-supported honest mortgage advice!

© Sandra Lastovic is the Principal Broker with the Mortgage Centre in Guelph. With over 15 years’ experience and holds a M.Sc. from the University of Guelph. She was recently ranked at the top 75 agents in Canada by The Canadian Mortgage Professionals annual survey and 2017 Most Influential Women in the Mortgage Industry. She can be reached at 519-763-3900 x1001 or™